What are we looking for?
As Legal Counsel, you will provide legal support to Reynaers Group. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing the corporate governance of Reynaers Group;
- Following-up changes in legislation or new legislation, which can have an impact on the business and sharing these insights with the business;
- Providing adequate and pragmatic legal support to the business worldwide in order to ensure legal compliance in a variety of legal areas (corporate law, commercial law, contract law, etc.);
- Identifying, advising on and managing the legal and financial risks to which Reynaers Group is exposed and to minimize liability exposure and risks by recommending and implementing appropriate agreements, policies, practices and procedures;
- Assisting on major corporate projects (including finance and M&A projects);
- Developing and updating templates (general terms and conditions, contracts…) that are useful across the businesses;
- Managing all litigations in different jurisdictions in order to defend the interests of Reynaers Group;
- You are a qualified Master in law and have more than 3 years of relevant professional experience in corporate & commercial law.
- You are able to translate complex legal issues in a pragmatic way.
- You are business minded with an understanding of financial principles and an interest in business strategy.
- You are client-oriented, able to manage difficult relations and to interact with people at all levels of the organization as well as with external contacts.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in Dutch, English. Knowledge of any other European Language is a plus.
- You are willing to travel if necessary.
Who are we?
Reynaers Group, active in more than 70 countries worldwide, is a leading specialist in the development, distribution and commercialization of innovative and sustainable architectural applications in aluminum and steel. With 2400 employees and an annual turnover of EUR 550 million (2020), you can be sure of an international environment with a high level of ambition.
Your workplace in Belgium is the Reynaers Campus in Duffel, the Reynaers headquarters. The Campus not only houses offices, but also a Technology Centre, Training Centre, 62 000 m² of warehouses and a virtual reality meeting space for partners.
The position below reports to the CFO.